Latest News

See what is happening at MBU

Back to back JPL wins for Montego Bay United

ST ELIZABETH, Jamaica— Former champions Montego Bay United won back-to-back matches for the first time in five years after beating promoted Treasure Beach FC 2-1 in their Wray and Nephew Jamaica Premier League game played at the St Elizabeth Technical Sports Complex in Santa Cruz on Sunday.

Brian Brown scored a double for MBU as they inched closer to mid tables. Theye were winning consecutive games for the first time since the 2018-2019 season when they were relegated, beating Cavalier SC and Reno FC in consecutive games late in that season.

Brown, who returned to the local league for the first time in six years, scored in the 26th and 71st minutes while Lorenzo Lewin tied up the scores in the 41st minute.

Meanwhile, Vere United edged Humble Lion 2-1 in the Clarendon derby while three other games ended in draws.

Fabiki Farquarson who was a substitute, scored in the 89th minute as Vere United grabbed all three points in a come from behind 2-1 win over Humble Lion. Xavier Virgo gave Humble Lion the lead in the 28th minute before Kemar Beckford equalised in the 66th minute, setting the stage for Farquharson’s heroics.

Arnett Gardens had their three-game winning run come to a halt when they gave up a first half lead and were held 1-1 by Lime Hall Academy at Drax Hall, St Ann. Rushane Thompson gave Arnett Gardens the lead in the 39th minute before Jaheed Handson equalised for the home team in the 67th minute.

Tivoli Gardens came from behind twice to earn a 2-2 draw against Dunbeholden FC in the first game of a double header at Stadium East in Kingston.Nicholas Nelson scored both goals for Dunbeholden FC, scoring in the 9th and 12th minutes but Justin Dunn responded on both occasions with goals in the 15th and 48th minutes.

In the meantime, a stoppage time goal from Keithy Simpson salvaged a point for Waterhouse in their 1-1 draw against Portmore United who are winless in their last four games. Elvis Wilson’s own goal in the 29th minute gave Portmore United the lead before Simpson’s free kick in the sixth minute of time added in the second half ensured the points were shared.

Source: Jamaica Observer